PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION NOTICE
The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA) will become effective on 1 July 2021. We are obliged to inform you of any information we keep (pertaining to yourself & your business), the purpose of the information and with whom we may need to share such information.
Information we collect:
- Identifiable information such as your ID number, your contact details and e-mail addresses.
- We collect the information directly from you (as submitted to our online/filling in of Intake Form) when you visit/buy from us.
How we use your information:
- We retain and use your documentation for record keeping requirements.
- In providing our services to you as requested by you, and to maintain and constantly improve our relationship with you. With updating beneficial information with regarding to your Health and possible product health assistance related matters that might affect you.
- We may disclose your information when instructed by you, where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of applicable legislation, the law or industry codes, or where it may be necessary to protect our / your clients’ (consumer) rights.
Safeguarding your information
- POPIA requires us to adequately protect the personal information we hold and to avoid unauthorised access and use of your personal information.
- We will continuously review our security controls and processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Your rights to access and correction of your personal information
- You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details or your personal information or making changes to your personal information.
Please note that if our mandate with you has ended for any reason whatsoever it will be necessary for us to retain your records, including your private information, so that we can deal with any queries that may arise from any Medical related reporting and/or queries. Upon finalisation the information will be disposed of in a safe manner.
Kindly direct any queries or objections to the above contact details.
If we do not receive an e-mail indicating that you object to this notice within 14 days, we will assume consent.